Search This and my other Blogs

Sunday 11 April 2010

Part 18 - 11 April 2010



Well, Eucalypta is happy. She finally got her table. She'd been muttering for some time now that: "A table would be handy...." hint, hint......, but there just wasn't the right kind of wood to be found around her house. So, when she heard that I was going to Tasmania for a holiday, she jumped up and cried: "Ooohhhh, you can bring me something reaaaaaly nice. There's this Huon Pine that grows there. Bring me a piece, pleaaaaase????" Well, what can you do? Of course I brought her a piece and all she needed to do was fix some legs and supports underneath and there it was, a beautiful 'bush' table.  She's just finished polishing it with real bees' wax


table top made of Huon Pine























And while I was taking pictures of the new table I discovered that she'd already added some more stuff she hadn't told me about. Or, was it my memory playing up again???? Anyway, she's got a cooking pot over the fire and some brass ladles. I noticed a bunch of keys hanging on the corner post as well, so next thing will be: "When will you fix my door????" Just wait for it.......


the new cooking pot


brass ladles


"I need some mandrakes now for cooking....."


Now she's asked me for some mandrakes for the soup now her cooking pot is hanging. There's just no end to all the jobs she finds for me...... (I thought she wanted to do everything herself, but it appeared to be only the furnishing so far)

Anyway, I think I'll make a book of spells and a magic wand next, so she can create her own things without harrasing me.

See you next time.......

2 comments:

  1. Its looking great, the table is a really lovely shape and I love your brass ladles and cooking corner :0)
    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you distressed and aged your minis. They are so realistic! It's a pleasure to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate your friendship.

However, comments with the purpose of (hidden) advertising will not be considered genuine and will be removed.